Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Why Having an Executive Business Coach is Scarier Than Dating Angelina Jolie









In the last twenty years, I have been working as a coach to owners of contracting businesses, I've come to realize more owners prefer not having a coach to help them with their business, then the number that actually engages coaching services. The question is. Why is that?


The answer to the problem is two-fold.


One. Too many contracting owners allow their ego to get in the way. They feel, that hard work, long hours, and greater risk are the only way to succeed, let alone, admit they need help.


Two. Accountability. Some do not want to be held accountable for their actions. I guess it is a lot easier to blame anyone or anything else. The problem with this approach is that the problem never goes away.


For me, as an executive business coach, I have to talk to 100 prospects before I can land a client. That means at least 99 continue  with the same problems, never improving. Think about that. 


For that 1% that do engage my services, they proceed to solve their problems and mastering their businesses, getting a huge R.O.I. for the coaching, thereby making more money for themselves, and having more time for themselves. 


You would think more would prefer success over hard work and low returns, unfortunately, that is not the case. Human nature is somewhat baffling.


1% seems to be a specific number. 1% of those who are successful earn more money than the average 99%. You would think more of the 99 would want to join the one percent.


Meanwhile, I guess it is a lot less scary to be dating Angelina Jolie.

No comments:

Post a Comment